Saturday, November 7, 2009

Post Op Day #5

Ethan had a great day today! He has been interacting with us and talking a lot more as well as smiling and laughing at his favorite shows. It truly is a relief to see him coming back to life. His heart rate and respirations are also finally going down to a more normal range (his heart rate was in the 150's-160's and his respirations were in the 50-60's for the last 2 days). We went on some "long" walks and went for a few wagon rides. He had another messy diaper (yay poop!). His tummy is now soft and it doesn't seem to be causing him any discomfort. He also had a few visitors today and has started eating a little bit better. However he has not been drinking much the last couple of days and that needs to improve before they will let him come home.

I took a lot of cute pictures today but I left my camera at the hospital. Towards the end of the evening Ethan was getting grumpy and tired and so the pictures are the complete opposite from yesterday (grumpy turning to happy vs. happy turning to grumpy). Tim is going to spend the night with him tonight and I will go back in the morning. Tim's computer got a virus on it yesterday and so I haven't been able to make any posts from the hospital. I think he may have it fixed now, so I will post some pictures tomorrow.

I just wanted to say thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers (and treats and gifts for Ethan). It means more than any of you may realize.

---Allison

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent news all around! Sending you ** BIG HUGS ** from Texas!
XOXO, Stephanie Church

Ty and Ber said...

HOORAY!! I am so glad that he is feeling better. I'm sure just seeing that smile and hearing him laugh is just a HUGE relief. I'm glad his bowels are moving now and he is feeling better in that respect also.
I hope things continue to go well for you guys and that he has a speedy recovery!

Tiffany said...

He is just the cutest little miracle :) I really hope you are getting SOME sleep.