Saturday, November 21, 2009

"The Lump" Update

Just a quick update on "The Lump". I think this thing is taking on a life of it's own. Not because it is getting any bigger (Yeah!), but because my thoughts revolve around it.

Anyway, I talked with the Cardiothoracic Nurse Practitioner this morning (who consulted the Infectious Disease doctor) and she said that his WBC was 14 but didn't have any bands (the immature WBC's that you see when the mature ones are used up from fighting infection) and that his CRP went up to 14.7, up from 8 at discharge (it should be less than 1).

The plan at this moment, since he is not having any fevers, is to have home health come and draw more labs Monday morning. Once the surgeons are available in the afternoon and they have the lab results from that morning available, we will go up to PCMC to have them look at it. We will still go on Wednesday as well for his clinic visit with the Cardiologist.

Until then, Ethan is acting "normal". I've also put a pressure dressing on his lump (recommended by the Nurse Practitioner) to try and reduce the swelling and disperse the pressure. It doesn't seem to bother him with it on. Hopefully it will help.

---Allison

6 comments:

Quinney Family said...

Still following your blog everyday and praying that you guys get things resolved. Hang in there...you are all such troopers

cici said...

Thank you for updating. I was wondering how the little fella is feeling today. Sounds like he definitely has an inflammation going on. His little body is trying so hard to fight it. I am praying you get all the answers you need on Monday and that dang lump disappears forever.
Stay positive :)

Ty and Ber said...

Good luck at PCMC tomorrow. Hopefully they can give you some more answers. Looking at the pictures of Ethan's lump makes me want to just stick needle in it and drain it.

Fowers Family said...

Thinking of you. I hope that YOU get some rest today! I worry about your "reserves"! Hopefully you can get some answers today! I love ya, Jody

Traci Peterson said...

Oh, Allison, I just want to send you a big {{{{HUG}}}} through cyberspace! I hope you get some much needed answers today. Stay strong! I know how rough this has been on you guys, but you can make it through. One day at a time...and don't be afraid to call if you ever need dinner or something.

cici said...

Thinking of you Ethan..... hope you are feeling better today!