Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Clinic Update

We went to our post-op clinic appointment today. We had to drop Gavin off at my parent's house and when I told Ethan that we were going to "the doctor's office", these next few pictures show just how upset he was about it. He just kept crying and saying "No hospital, no hospital!". I seriously think that we have caused some major anxiety. I hope he gets over it.



As far as his appointment went, I am very pleased. We are able to go down on 2 of his medications to just once a day. They also said that he only has to wear his oxygen at night now. His chest x-ray, EKG, and vital signs all looked good. As far as "the lump" goes, they are pleased with how much smaller it is getting. All of his labs from this morning are good (his CRP was 6.7) and trending in the right direction. Ethan's last dose of Vancomycin should be this Friday. They will have more labs drawn then, and if everything looks good, they will pull his PICC line! Yeah! If that happens, he can also FINALLY have a bath.

After his appointment, we met Tim for lunch at Winger's. Ethan was again rebelling against taking pictures by pulling his oxygen down. Little does he know that it doesn't matter because he doesn't have to wear it during the day anymore. (This isn't a very flattering picture of myself, but it does give me motivation to start hitting the gym again. UGH.)

He was SO happy to leave the hospital and not "sleep over" there. He was all smiles once we were in the car to come home. The only "owie" that he had to get today was for his H1N1 vaccine. I am glad to have him finally be able to get it. Although we will have to give him another one again in a month as a booster. We'll just worry about that then.

And last but not least, we came home from Ethan's appointment to find this amazing fruit basket. It is HUGE! The kids are so excited to tear into it. I just told them to let me take a picture of it before they tore it apart. Thank you SO MUCH Betty and Larry. You are both so wonderful and we love you dearly.
I'll update again on Friday with those lab results and if we get to remove the PICC line or not. In the meantime HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

---Allison

5 comments:

The Hood's said...

Such GREAT news! I am so happy for you guys! Happy Thanksgiving!

Fowers Family said...

You look so pretty in that picture!! If I would have had as rough of a time as you have had lately, I would look like Medusa! Someone at work was reading over my shoulder and said that you should be a model. Love ya, Happy Thanksgiving, boy we have so much to be thankful for!

cici said...

Ethan's "anti hospital face" breaks my heart. I am so glad things went well and he is doing so well. Love the way he pulls down his tubes for pictures...too funny.
You look great in spite of it all Have a restful and Happy Turkey Day!

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

I'm happy to hear that everything is looking up and that the lump is getting smaller. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

One Happy Heart Family said...

Yea for a great news visit!! You look so beautiful in the picture also!!!! All I have to say is look at those PINK PINK PINK lips!!! His color looks so good. I can't wait for Kylie's purple lipstick shade to disapear. I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving.