Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Better Day For Ethan

I talked to Tim not too long ago and he said that Ethan is having a better day. They've removed his Arterial line, his Jugular central line, and his Atrial lines today. He still has 2 IV's (one in his neck and one in his foot), his pacing wires, chest tubes, and urine catheter. Tim said that he is still groggy but is not as combative as last night.

I will again take the night shift and will be trading Tim places shortly. I wasn't able to get a good sleep today because the refinery (just under 1/2 mile away from our house) had an explosion and made me literally jump out of bed. It happened just after 9:00 this morning. There are no words to describe how loud it was. It was NOT a nice way to wake up! I was literally trembling. The house looked like it sucked in and then bowed out. The power went off. The house and windows shook. It knocked a picture off of the wall in our hallway. Needless to say, it was scary. There were houses down our street that had the windows blown out and at least one home has been condemned. As far as I can tell there was no damage to our home. I am just glad that I was the only one home. From what I've read on the Internet the blast was heard MILES away. Anyway, I am OK but I didn't get much sleep. You can read about it on kls.com if you want.

Here's to hoping that there are no more explosions and that Ethan will have a good night tonight (and that I will be able to catch up on some sleep, tomorrow).

---Allison

4 comments:

........ said...

I saw that explosion on the news. So sorry it interrupted your much needed rest. I'm so glad to hear that Ethan is doing better. I hope things continue to improve and I'm SO glad that your house was not badly damaged.

Ty and Ber said...

Hooray for better days. Hopefully tonight will be a good one for both of you.

That is crazy about the explosion. Sorry that you didn't get to catch up on sleep.

Melanie said...

I'm glad he's doing better - hopefully without as many lines in he'll feel a bit more comfortable and get some good sleep in. And you too!

Quinn and/or Lauralee said...

I'm so glad your house is all right and you had no problems. We were also lucky and had no damage, but what a wake up call. My heart raced for quite a while.