Saturday, September 29, 2007

Weekend Update

Tim is finally home! He got his deer yesterday and arrived home about 4:00 this afternoon. It was so good to see him. Today was my most challenging with Gavin. My morning was spent cleaning up hot chocolate powder spilled all over the kitchen. I had great aspirations to get the house cleaned before Tim got home but this just killed my motivation.

Ethan is doing really well and for the most part is off of his oxygen. Spencer's football team lost their first game this morning. Spencer was really disappointed. Emily continues to be very helpful and did a load of dishes this morning all by herself because she said I looked stressed.

I feel guilty talking about my "bad" days when little Ian and his family are fighting for his life. I have such a tender spot in my heart for these little heart babies and their parents. It was not that long ago when Ethan was born that I did not know if he would ever come home with us. It is so heart and gut wrenching. Even though we've had many good days to this point, one day it will be Ethan lying in a hospital bed waiting for a new heart. At this time I have the luxury of just imagining what it will be like. I have such a heavy heart knowing that the Pearson's are actually going through it. I wish I could help carry some of their burden.

Tomorrow a special fast is being held for Ian. Justin and Jenn have invited all who are willing to join in their fast for Ian. We will be participating. Please keep their family in your prayers. We hope and pray that Ian will get that miracle that we are praying for.

---Allison

2 comments:

Melanie said...

It's so good to hear that Ethan is doing well... and yet at the same time time so sad to hear about little Ian. We'll most definitely keep their family in our prayers (maybe I can backtrack and add him to my fast from today!)

I'm glad Tim is home finally to be there for you! Emily sounds so sweet to notice on her own that you needed some help. Sounds like you're doing a great job with all your little munchkins!

--Melanie

The Gatherum Family said...

Hey al,
I am so happy that Ethan is doing so well and my heart is just breaking for Alex and Ian's families. They are all in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you are okay, talk to you soon. Adrian