Friday, September 28, 2007

Positive Attitude

Given the circumstances of Tim being gone for a couple of days, I think that I have managed fairly well. And what I mean by fairly well is that I am still alive. The house is a mess, the laundry is not done, and 2 days worth of dishes are still in the sink. But to be honest I am not too worried about it. I figure that as long as people are fed, homework is done, and people aren't clawing each other's eyes out at the end of the night, then I consider it a good day.

My mom has been doing most of the shuttling of kids to and from school and sporting practices. Gavin and Ethan have each had their moments but overall they have both been pretty good boys. I've been bribing Gavin with fruit snacks to take naps. Whatever works. I am not sure when Tim will come home, I haven't heard anything yet. I think I am going to hit him up for a nice massage when he gets back though. Don't you think that's fair?

This positive attitude of mine may change in just a little bit. Friday's are early out and the dynamics change when all 4 of the kids are home for long periods of time. Friday's are hard. At least when Spencer gets home, he can keep an eye on Gavin while I take a shower. It's amazing what you take for granted.

Ethan is starting to laugh and giggle now. It is the CUTEST little laugh you've ever heard. It's so fun to see his own little personality develop. He has also learned to stick his whole fist in his mouth and gag himself. It seems like all of my kids have done that.

Well I can't say enough how blessed we've been. Thanks to all of you.

---Allison

No comments: