Saturday, September 8, 2007

Busy Day

Today has been quite the busy day. It started out with Emily's soccer practice followed closely by Spencer's football game. Right after Spencer's game we went home and got all of the kids cleaned up and dressed for pictures. I had thought it would be a great idea to get all of the kids pictures taken not only individually but as a group before Ethan's surgery. In my mind I could envision such a special moment of kids all smiling in coordinating outfits. I thought wrong! That restful weekend of no stress was just thrown out of the window in the middle of Target. Gavin would not sit still. Emily was showing off. Spencer wouldn't hold a pose. And of course, Ethan wouldn't even look in the direction of the camera. Needless to say, there were no pictures of the kids all together and I don't think I'll be ready for a re-do anytime soon.

After Tim and I were good and stressed, we went up to Primary's for the "Hearts of Hope" annual picnic. We were about and hour and a half late because the pictures took so long. In spite of the delay, it was a nice end to a crazy day. It was so fun to see some old friends from our previous hospital stay and to also make some new ones. It was great to talk with some families that know what we've been going through and to get some insight on Ethan's upcoming surgery. While at this picnic there was a story that was passed around that I thought was really touching. I will share it below for everyone to see. Take Care. ---Allison

"I Will Make Your Heart Whole Again"

It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels to be born and live on the earth. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus, "I don't want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you". He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that he is just going for a visit. He is still not swayed on this idea. So, Jesus kneels down and says, "How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you. Will that be okay?". The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work". But the little angel is still a little scared. He asks, "Will I be okay with only half of my heart?". Jesus replies, "Of course you will. I have other angels there that will help you out, and you will be fine". Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan. He says, "When you are born, your Mommy will be scared, so you have to be strong. And when you feel weak, just remember, that I have the other half of your heart. Enjoy your time with your family, play, and laugh everyday. And when it's time to come back to heaven, I will make your heart whole again. Always remember, you are not broken, just torn between two loves."

Authour Unkown

No comments: