Thursday, October 4, 2007

Officially Blonde

Alright, I concede. I was lying on the bed this morning playing with Ethan and for whatever reason I just started focusing on his hair. I knew that when I had trimmed his hair about a month ago that most of what came off was his dark hair. I didn't think much of it. I guess I figured that it just looked blonder because it was now shorter. I think I have been in denial. So, after inspecting him this morning I can officially say that Ethan is blond. I don't know how it happened. He was born with such dark hair. I don't want to make it seem that I don't like my blondies. I was just hoping that one of my kids might look like me after 9 months of sacrifice.

Ethan was an unplanned pregnancy and I used to joke around that my sign from heaven that this would all be OK was that he would be born with dark hair. Well, now that he is here I don't need hair color to provide any assurance. He was meant to be with our family. And so with that being said, I guess he can shed his brown locks and fit into the family mold of blond hair and pretty blue eyes.

---Allison

No comments: