Friday, November 9, 2007

Good Week

As the week comes to a close, I have to say that it turned out rather nicely. At first, I was really bummed out when the dentist said we'd pay at least $1000 to get a crown for Tim, especially with Christmas coming up. But it seems that things just always work out. When Tim went with check in hand to the dentist, they somehow determined that this was "warranty" work and did not charge us one penny. Can anyone say "tithing blessing"? I was so amazed and relieved.

Tim was able to go to Emily's first grade class on Wednesday to read them a story and to place one of his old neck ties on the classroom turkey. Emily really enjoyed it and was proud to have her Dad come to her school.

My sister-in-law (thanks Adrian) last week started what she calls "Five for Friday's" and has invited anyone interested to join in. This is basically where every Friday you take the time to list 5 things that you are grateful for. I thought this was a great idea. Now, whether I just do this during the "thanks giving" month, or continue for a while will remain to be seen. But I will do it at least for this month. This first post will be really easy because it all has to do with the obvious. Now anyone reading this, please don't feel left out if you are not mentioned this time. I am so grateful for all of you. However, I can only do 5 at a time and will try to spread things out throughout the month.

1. I am grateful for my testimony of my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that I am watched over and blessed continually. I know that they love me and want me to be happy. I am grateful for the guidance and teachings that the church brings to my life.

2. I am grateful for my ever loving husband Tim. He is an amazing husband and friend. He knows when to pamper me and also when to push me. He is a devoted and involved father. He is intelligent, hardworking, honorable, and trustworthy. I am so blessed to have such an amazing man in my life.

3. I have 4 beautiful, intelligent, and fun children. Spencer is such a good kid. He is both very smart and has a very core sense of right and wrong. He has a very tender heart and does his best to please us as parents.

Emily is such a free spirit. She is so outgoing and loves to have fun. She can be my most determined child and yet can also be my most thoughtful child. She is very creative and bright. She has a gift for the arts. She is a fun combination of tomboy and princess.

Gavin has a very strong mind and body. He is mentally bright as well as socially smart. He knows how to push you to your limits and then turn on just enough charm to make you smile. He loves to give hugs and kisses and loves to snuggle. He is a very affectionate and fun child.

And then there's Ethan. Ethan is my "gift from God". He came when he wasn't planned and changed our lives forever. He is amazingly strong and resilient. He is patient. He has a very sweet disposition. He seems to have an awareness of things around him beyond his years. He is a very happy baby with "smiley" eyes .

4. I have been blessed with incredible parents. They are so supportive and go out of their way to help and assist. They are always thinking of others and go the extra mile at their own expense. They are such an example to me of love, sacrifice, and patience. They are both hard working, intelligent, and honorable. They raised a loving family and I have nothing but the utmost respect for them.

5. And finally, I am grateful for my friends. I may not have quantity when it comes to friends, but without a doubt, I have quality. I have true and real friends. People who I respect and enjoy being around. I know that I can always rely on them to give me sound advice and to be there in times of need. I have friends that I can confide in, laugh with, and cry with. They lift me up and make me want to be a better person.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

---Allison

1 comment:

The Gatherum Family said...

that post made me a bit teary-eyed, especially the part about Ethan. I am glad you decided to do this, it's amazing to look at all we have to be grateful for, but sometimes in the moments of hardship or sorrow, they are difficult to see. I am grateful to you and your family for being such great examples to me!