Friday, November 16, 2007

Five For Friday's #2

I can't believe that it has been a whole week since I wrote last. It feels like I have been so busy this past week. Our ward had our visiting teaching conference on Tuesday which was really nice. I actually had a part in the program that I had been really nervous about all week. I could never come up with something concrete to say but when the time came for me to get up, the words just came and I think it turned out pretty good.

Tim, Spencer, my Dad and my brothers all went pheasant hunting last Saturday. Both Tim and Spencer seemed to enjoy themselves. Emily has been doing really well and has been very sweet and helpful. She is enjoying school and is doing really well at reading, spelling, and math. She has always been a very good student.

Gavin has been quite the busy little guy. He has been making mess after mess and is much quicker than I am. Just yesterday, I found him painting the toilet with my lip gloss. He smeared pudding (which he got out of the pantry by himself) in my shower and then attempted to use a whole roll of soggy wet toilet paper to try and clean it up. Now remember, this was just yesterday. I couldn't recall the whole week. I sometimes try to block it out. He now knows how to open the doors with the child safety covers on them which means he has full access to the pantry, the basement, the bonus room, the garage, the bathrooms, and the game closet. In every one of these areas there is something that he wants that is just waiting to become a huge mess. This makes my life much more difficult.

So on that note, I am now going to do my 2nd posting of things that I am grateful for. I am trying to stay positive.

1. I am grateful for my brothers and sisters and their families. They all have been so supportive of us in both the past and present. It is fun to have such a large extended family where all of the cousins can run around and play and where there is never a dull moment in conversation. I really enjoy spending time with them individually and in large groups. I feel that I have a great relationship with all of them. I love you guys!

2. I am grateful for Tim's family. I am very lucky to be married to a man with such loving and supportive parents. I respect them and love them. I have never had any of the "in-law" horror stories that you hear about. I love the time we get to spend with Tim's parents and brothers and sisters and look forward to each visit. My only regret is that we live so far apart and we don't get to see them very often. However, I do feel that although we may not be able to enjoy the day to day dealings, the relationships that we have are strong and sincere. The distance makes all of the get together's that much more of a treat. I love you all!

3. I am grateful for the education that both Tim and I have received. I love being a nurse and Tim is an excellent attorney. We had many bumps and trials along the way. I am proud of both Tim and I for taking the time and making the sacrifices that it took to follow through and to never give up. I also realize that although we sacrificed and worked hard, we did not do it alone and I appreciate all of you who helped make this possible.

4. I am grateful for my freedom. I have the greatest respect and admiration for those who have fought and died for our country. I can't imagine as a mother, sending my sons or daughter off to war. I know that many have lost loved ones on my behalf and I am truly indebted for their sacrifice and willingness to serve.

5. I am grateful for my health. It is one of those things that you don't tend to think about much until there is something wrong with it. I am blessed to have a healthy family and to have Ethan's current good health. There have been many losses recently of little heart babies and I can't help but be so amazed and grateful to have Ethan at home doing normal baby things. I know that this is a priceless gift.

Well, there you have it. I will try to be better this week about keeping things updated. I hope you all have a good weekend.

---Allison

1 comment:

The Gatherum Family said...

All things that I am grateful for too! You guys are staying in town for Thanksgiving aren't you? Are you gonna be at your grandpa's? Just wondering, we are so I wanted to know who else was going to be there this year. See ya Sunday! Adrian