Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Gavin, Gavin, Gavin


What a beautiful sight. I sometimes don't know what to do with this precocious (yet very sweet) little child.

We have been finishing our bonus room above our garage and so there have been a few small tools left here and there around the house. I honestly put them "up" when I find them. The only problem is that Gavin is a monkey and will climb (literally) to the top of any shelf. He gets into the pantry, the closets, the cupboards above the washer and dryer, and he can also get anything on the top of the fridge. He also knows how to unlock any door (from the outside). This morning before Tim could even get to work, Tim had already caught him trying to cut the cords to Spencer's PlayStation system. And just yesterday (I think), I caught him putting my keys into the power socket (which by the way, I have protective covers in, he just takes them out).

Well today, I was walking down the hallway when I heard my bedroom door slam shut. Of course, when I tried to open the door, Gavin had already locked it. When I finally got it open, I asked him what he was doing. He proceeded to pull out a screwdriver from behind his back. I took it away and didn't think much of it as I didn't see any immediate damage.

A little while later I had gone outside to get the mail. Upon returning inside the house, I was looking down at the mail and saw some screws on the floor. After further inspection, it turns out he had been taking off the light switch covers in the living room and hallway. Honestly, I am not an absentee mother. I really don't know how or when he does these things.

Well, to say the least, he was put in time out and told to take a nap (see the beautiful picture above) which I think I needed more than he did.

---Allison

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Allison! That's nuts! He is one crazy kid! LOL. I love the sleeping picture of him. Honestly though, he just sounds like I remember all of you and your siblings being -- or maybe it was just how Karalee was since I spent the most time with her. Regardless, it sounds like he's got a little Gatherum blood stirring things up in there causing mischief!