Friday, March 7, 2008

A Big Day




Today is Spencer's 11th birthday. It is also my 12th wedding anniversary. I don't know how it happened (well, I know HOW it happened, but that is not what I am talking about) that Tim and I were married at 1:00pm and 1 year later we gave birth to Spencer at 1:01pm (1 year and 1 minute after we were married, crazy!). But it did happen and now this means that today is a very special day.

So because today is a special day, I just wanted to let you all know how lucky I am to be married to such an incredible man. He is handsome, intelligent, sweet, patient, loving, and supportive (I could go on and on but you probably would get jealous, he-he). Now, I don't have my head in the clouds, I am also fully aware of his not so nice qualities (Love ya stinky!). But the truth is, we compliment each other very well. He knows the REAL me and loves me in spite of my many, many shortcomings. He is an AMAZING man and I am extremely lucky to call him my husband. I love you sweetie!

Also, I am very lucky to have Spencer. He is a grounding force in this family and has always had such a good heart and soul. I made a montage as a tribute to him for his birthday. I don't have a scanner and digital cameras weren't around when he was little. So, there aren't too many small pictures of him. It's really too bad because he was such a CUTE kid. Anyway, if you are interested, you can click on the link and watch his montage.

---Allison

3 comments:

The Gatherum Family said...

Happy B-day to Spence and Happy Anniversary to you and Tim. You guys are a great couple, I have admired you for the last 10 years-you guys are solid and while it is true that you got a great guy (he's always been one of my fav in-laws) He got a great girl too (you've always been one of my favs too :) Anyways, you guys are great and Spencer is such a sweetheart, I am sure that is the last thing he wants to hear from his aunt, but I love that kid. I almost started crying looking at the montage as to how much he has grown up and how big he is getting-crazy. Anyways, we'll see ya Sunday-have a great day!

Melanie said...

Happy Anniversary! Happy Birthday to Spencer! I can't believe how old Spencer is now, and like we were saying, that he will be passing the sacrament sooo soon! Crazy!

It was so good to see you yesterday and meet little Ethan and see how Gavin has grown. We'll definitely have to try harder to get together more often whenever I come out!

carolyn q said...

SO, I am a little late in commenting, but Congrats on 12 years (Scott and I are only a couple of years behind you) and Happy Birthday to Spencer. I hope your celebrations were awesome.

Heart Hugs,
Carolyn