Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday, May 12, 2008

So it has really been a busy week or so. We celebrated Ethan's birthday. I had a fun time watching my youngest brother's road trip through all 48 states (and all of the fun publicity in the news about it). We attended an open house for my oldest brother who is going to Saudi Arabia this week for 6 months. We celebrated mother's day (which was really a nice day). And tonight we are celebrating my nephew Austin's birthday (yesterday) and my birthday (tomorrow) tonight at my house. Also, this week I will be preparing to throw a bridal shower for my sister this weekend at my house.

So with all of this happening, there have been a few things that I need to update on. Last week I took Ethan and Gavin for their well being check ups. Ethan weighed 20 lbs 3 oz which puts him in the 10% for weight and was 29.5 inches long (40Th% for height). And Gavin was in the 75% for both height and weight. I was disappointed with Ethan's weight gain because he had dropped in percentiles so much from his last appointment. It turns out that at his last appointment they made a mistake and he was not in the 90% for weight but was really only in the 30Th%. So he did in fact drop, but not as much as it appeared. Ethan is scheduled for some developmental testing and another ECHO in July. I am anxious to see how the Md's feel he is doing. I am hoping I can get him circumcised then as well, but I still need to find out some more information about it.

On a sadder note, my sister Karalee's son Austin (the one who's 7Th birthday was yesterday) has just been diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy (MD). This is of course is devastating news and she is having a difficult time. She has only 2 kids and has been trying to get pregnant for a while now. It seems so unfair that not only is she having a difficult time getting pregnant, but now she finds out she will watch her only son fight a losing battle. I know some of you know her (and even those of you who don't), but I know that when things have been difficult with Ethan, I have been comforted by the many prayers that have been offered in my behalf. At this time I ask that you will add her and her family to your prayers. They've traveled a rough road and it won't be getting any easier. They really could use all of the prayers that they can get.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Your whole family has been nuts lately! Do you have updated contact information for Karalee? I used to have it all but don't have anything current. If you do, could you email it to me?
Thanks, melanie

Fowers Family said...

Happy Birthday Allison, I should have called you today, but have been so busy. I was thinking of you all day and can't wait unitl we can meet for dinner. Everytime I hear the Olive Garden commercial I think of you. Time for our outing again. Love ya, Jody

Mp said...

Happy Birthday Allison!!!

Hugs,
Mike & Family