Thursday, February 21, 2008

He's Up?

Now, I realize that this may not sound like a huge accompishment, but every little milestone just seems bigger with Ethan. I was sitting on my bed yesterday with Ethan at my side when I realized he was sitting next to me. It seemed odd, because had I guessed, I would of said that I layed him down on the bed. Well, of course I had to rule out if I was in fact going crazy or not. So I layed him back down, and sure enough...............he sat up all by himself! I've been trying not to get too concerned with his physical skills but I have to admit that it still has been bugging me that he is not crawling yet. I was relieved to see that he is still developing and is not just in some rut. However, I do think that he will be crawling soon. He gets where ever he wants go by rolling or by a modified army crawl and he has even been trying to pull himself up to a standing position while in his crib. So, maybe he just needs a few more weeks and then I will be wishing he would stay in just one place. Be careful what you wish for, right?

---Allison

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Yea! Good for him! There's such a huge range of "normal" I wouldn't worry about it. Gretta is perfectly healthy and didn't crawl until she was 10 months old. No biggie.

The Gatherum Family said...

YAY Good for Ethan! I wouldn't worry about it too. My doctor said that there really is such thing as "laid-back" easy going kids, you are lucky to have one. I haven't been blessed with a laid back spirit to date!

The Gatherum Family said...

meant to say I wouldn't worry about it too much...

Mp said...

Lock the doors and gates he'll be testing them in no time...its nice to hear he is going forward in his development...thats nice to hear, slow and easy thats o.k. he'll be running around in no time.

Hugs,
Mike & Family

Jenn said...

Great job Ethan. He's a strong little mister!
Thanks for the comment on our blog. I am so excited about doing this little project all because of Ian. That others want to help really makes us proud parents. Hope your having a great week.
Jenn